Friday, March 11

These thoughts so often now seep
and crawl into the folds of my brain
and settle in between its soft tissues,
saturating and bonding with the rest.

Your winter comes to call,
to lay its hurt down.
The words arrive in flurries.
You obscure my vision for all else.

Ice in the brain, ice in the brain.
You exit and leave only the cold,
my mind to atrophy
after your echoes have knocked down icicles
to slice into me
and leave rivers where warmth once was.

I swear I'm back the moment it all melts
licking at puddles in my palms
to tide me over until I find your face.
This is crippling.

Oh, how I long to bring you down to my level
and make you stay.
I could take you and keep you and twist you.
But I'd be sorry.
That's the difference between you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment