Monday, October 24

My heart is an orange peeled,
bringing scents of sunshine everywhere.
It grew up in the summertime.
Not clockwork but wild,
with vines trailing sideways
reaching and running
until they hit something they can crack though.
I am insatiable and I'm holding on to a ghost
but that's another story.
Right now it wants to give you everything
you've ever thought you'd needed.
Blossoms and seeds
held in a fist you've made
and I don't even feel
confined. I don't mind.
This isn't about you
and it couldn't be about me
I'm just a tool used
in an attempt
to do anything gentle
that a summer fruit is capable of.
You've become more
than the sum of your parts
and I hope you'll think
to pocket these seeds and bring me along
for whatever unreal
dream of a journey
you're going to start on,
via the hands
of those who love you
and turn the wheels of creation
just to see you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment