Thursday, August 20

We can't even make eye contact, who are we kidding? Must we keep meeting on these cold concrete benches? I just want to talk to you, just for a second. Stop running away.

Okay, listen, we do even have to talk! We could just sit, on seperate benches even.

Though, I do hate this quietness I've adopted near you. It's just, do you even care?
I feel overcome by your endless stream of words, your pinstriped nonsense!
But then you decide to come out, stark naked. I'm never sure what to say, your speech bests mine.
Could I just nod? Or move closer or something, I'm going mad here.

Sometimes my cheeks and tongue feel swollen, cause the words and thoughts are all clogged up,
it's almost a superball in there.
and it's like I could swallow my marshmallow tongue, but it's...well, hard to explain, for one.
But it won't go. I just sit here staring downwards, and it hurts.
Please understand, and please, please don't go. I feel like the strings are already cut,
and your face has looked sullen and determinedly blank lately. I love you, I worry about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment